C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Joyful Puttering...

Collecting...Creating...Connecting!

When Becky was visiting we had a long list of things we wanted to do but it was impossible to check everything off. (We really need to live next door to one another.)  One thing we didn't get to was sorting through my boxes and baskets of snippets. It may be hard to believe...but that's fun for some of us. These snippets include punched squares, collage scraps, watercolor and doodles experiments, cutouts from cards and catalogs, and about a thousand other little bits of this and that.

The idea of packaging together bits and pieces from my vast collection of art stuff has been rattling around in my head for a VERY long time.  These packages might include special papers, buttons, ribbons, fabric, card stock, punched squares and shapes, yarns and strings, felt, beads....I could go on and on.  I have been collecting my whole life!


This crazy hodgepodge of stuff is not exactly what I had in mind, but it's the perfect by-product of my time with Becky.

After she left I started going through some of my snippets...made a "quickie" logo...and packaged some "Joyful Puttering" for Becky.

Keep an eye out...it went out in the mail this morning.






Hodgepodge
What a great word...I love the synonyms.

I think it's a good word for our words and images journal!

This is the backside. You can see it includes a variety of fun stuff...including this tiny little blackwork piece and an old postcard that was in my grandmother's collection. Becky can use the snippets for card making, collaging, journaling...or whatever.


I think I'm on to something.  Thanks for talking it through with me Becky!

It's time!


2 comments:

  1. Yea! Im a test case! Looking forward to playing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always up for anything...that's one of the things I love about you!

      Delete