I had a couple of nice walks on this beautiful fall day....and I especially enjoyed the vibrant fall asters at the pond.
I also spent a chunk of my day removing old caulk and cleaning my shower seams....and another chunk getting a mammogram. Neither of them very pleasant...but both worthwhile and important.I'm lucky to have a shower to take care of.....and the ability to be proactive with my breast health.
Craig....my brother-in-law...was enjoying a sunny fall day in his back yard in Minneapolis watching a swarm of bees buzzing around the salvia. With the angle of the sun just right he swore he could see them peeing. My sister Nancy was skeptical...so looked it up and found this photo.
Nectar is mostly water....so bees shoot out the excess water keeping then light enough to stay light enough to fly. Isn't that a fun little tidbit!



Peeing bees! Thank you for that entertaining tidbit at the time of day when my energy is flagging! Those asters have such great color; I'm not usually dazzled by asters but these have had me scrolling back several times midcomment here just to get another good look.
ReplyDelete