C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Happened Upon

I happened upon a fabulous garden on my morning walk...these are some of my favorite shots1 

Zinnias and dahlias are such great pops of color in a late summer garden. Every time I see them I have to stop and take a closer look. There are so many petals tightly packed in....I love to catch them in this unfurling stage. 

And isn't this globe amaranth spectacular! It looks fiberoptic.

I do love the bright summer colors of zinnias.

And just look at all that's happening here. Isn't this dahlia amazing. 


I'll be visiting this garden path again!


Paul happened upon an unusual found object while out on his bike ride.  

This tiger will dominate my puzzle gang...but we'll see how he does for a while. He's a little aggressive looking.


This new Liberty wooden puzzle was gifted to me from Alyson. Wooden puzzles are such a delight to put together...but this one is going to be a challenge. 


But I'll happen upon the right strategy!

6 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, you and Paul are happenin' people! What terrific finds today. I love seeing the dimensionality of both the flowers and the puzzle pieces and, omg!, that tiger supervisor. I think your puzzle gang won't be stepping out of line any time soon and your puzzle is gonna step INto line very quickly if it knows what's good for it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! We certainly both scored yesterday! and the tiger will keep us all in line!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful flowers - the dahlia is my favorite!! That puzzle looks a bit daunting but a beautiful image and I love the way you come up with your own strategy. Bill just started a new flat puzzle - Boston Sports, top 100 players' shirts with numbers. That looks daunting too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dahlias too! I used to have a neighbor that grew the big dinner plate sized ones. They were incredible! I love that Bill is a puzzler! His new one DOES sound daunting.

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful floral photos!! The tiger made me laugh- but I believe you are correct in that he may not play nicely with others at first. Maybe he just needs an orientation period to fit in.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you find humor in some of my posts Kathy. You GET my playful side. I am playfully and purposefully keeping the tiger at a distance for a while until he learns to play well with the others.

      Delete