Our time with friends at the lake was everything I hoped it would be. It's a good thing to unplug for a bit with people you love.
We walked and talked, played lots of cards, swam, read and even cleaned out the boat house! It was a wonderful weekend getaway.I carved out a little window for some art on the porch for old time's sake. Yes Dotty....the 1950's vintage laminate table is still there. I meant to take a photo of the whole table...but I forgot. Using a Gudrun's catalog...I made my first tag for my Tag Project #2. I do enjoy working in this small format!
Welcome home, MaryAnn, and thank you for little snippets of vicarious pleasure in the getaway through your blog. Sounds SOOOO lovely. Great fun for me knowing that the laminate 50's table still graces the porch! Ooo, happy that you are starting a 2nd Tag Project, having thoroughly enjoyed the development of your first Tag Project; I love your first tag in this series with its artfully arranged mixed media and MaryAnn energy.
ReplyDeleteThanks Dotty! It was SOOOO lovely! That tag only took about 15 minutes in between card games. Starting another tag series is going to be fun for me!
DeleteHow wonderful for you all to have unplugged time together. It sounds like heaven!
ReplyDeleteWonderful indeed! A slice of heaven!
DeleteLooks like a wonderful way to get away. So glad you had fun.
ReplyDeleteKathy
Yes it is! Thanks Kathy!
DeleteYour lakefront photos (sunset in previous post and daytime in this one) remind me SO much of my growing up years in Michigan. Beautiful images.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it fun when someone else's experience takes you right back to one of yours! Thanks for chiming in Julie!
DeleteHi MaryAnn! I didn't realize that you were back from your trip and it looks like it was a wonderful gathering!! I went back and looked at your posts labeled tag project and was blown away by your creativity!! Looking forward to seeing what you make in tag project #2!!
ReplyDeleteYes...it was just a long weekend. Thanks for looking back on the tag project posts. I sure had fun with that and am looking forward to another round. They can be such quick little projects that can pack a big punch!
Delete