C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Meaning In The Mundane

The humidity is down...the windows are open...and I'm a happy camper.

I get a kick out of finding meaning in the mundane. It's that simple everyday joy seeking thing. I pay attention to the small stuff...so the big hard stuff doesn't take over.

We had some rain a couple nights ago....and there were still a few puddles here and there that hadn't dried up. On my walk this morning I was tickled with what I saw ahead on the sidewalk.

The light was shining just right....so the 🩶 was clear as day. I couldn't possibly miss it!

Every once in a while I see glimmers of love...and light just ahead. Our country is in real trouble...and we need all the glimmers of love we can get.

But while were in the middle of the mess....or right on top of the puddle....the love is barely visible. But it's still there. We just have to look a little harder.


As I walked past the puddle I looked back and smiled because so much more was visible in the 🩶 puddle. Isn't it true sometimes that we recognize the love a little more clearly in hindsight?

Kind of silly I know....but I'm going to continue to pay attention and find meaning...and glimmers of light and love wherever and whenever I can. 

I highly recommend this post on glimmers:

https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2023/08/glimmers.html

4 comments:

  1. The humidity is down...the windows are open...and I'm a happy camper. You can say THAT again! Or i can: the humidity is down...the windows are open...and I'm a happy camper!

    That puddle heart, omg! A glimmer if ever there was one.

    I spent little chunks of time throughout my day drafting a poem whose essence is glimmers, so this post of yours was especially meaningful to me. My poem will find its way to my own blog eventually : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth repeating! I am a big fan of lower humidity and fresh air!

      Thanks for celebrating the heart puddle with me....it really captured my heart! I'm looking forward to reading your poem and how capture the essence of glimmers!

      Delete
  2. That puddle is an amazing find, MaryAnn - definitely a glimmer! A few years ago I started a Glimmer Jar, decorated with gold stickers and a place to gather folded slips of paper with "glimmer moments" written on them. Like many things, I lost track of it, but it's a big jar and you've inspired me to take it out again and add to it. If we ever needed to look for the glimmers - of joy, of hope, of excitement - it is now!! Thank you, once again, for the inspiration! ✨✨✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHHH a glimmer jar is a great idea! There is something about writing things down that gives our thoughts and feelings more value. I think that's what I do here on the blog. :)

      Delete