C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, August 9, 2026

Laughs and Smiles

This made me laugh out loud....I SOOO do this! 

And I'm going to smile when I'm in the car and I see someone else doing it!

I watched this butterfly for several minutes this morning and she fluttered around the verbena doing her pollinator thing.  The quote made me laugh....and the butterfly made me smile. I couldn't help but think about the butterfly effect.....where small actions can lead to big change. There's a a whole lot of changing that needs to happen in the world!

8 comments:

  1. The small kindness of someone in a car stopping to let a pedestrian cross a street, the quiet splendor of a butterfly doing its work—such grand life-sustaining actions, so essential. So much gratitude for those actions, so much gratitude for your noticing and sharing, MaryAnn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noticing and sharing.....what I love to do! Thanks Dotty!

      Delete
  2. The jog is so funny. I always think, "Who am I kidding? I can't run!" :) Beautiful picture of the butterfly against the flower.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha....I agree! But what I think sometimes is "yes....I can still jog....sort of!"

      Delete
  3. Love the quote - so funny! And yes, I quicken my steps too! And the colors of your butterfly photo are gorgeous! The butterfly effect for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post. You made me smile and yes, I'm in the almost jog group too! I also wave a thank you and hope I made someone else's day a bit brighter. The butterfly photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Welcome to the almost jogging group! We're a joyful bunch!

      Delete