C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, August 29, 2026

On My Mind....

....and On My Table.

A silly post...about a couple of things that made me smile.

I usually start the morning Wordle puzzle with something that's on my mind....or a word that seems appropriate for the day like rainy or party.

I checked on the tracking for Juliann's journal this morning and was surprised that it was already in Seattle. I mentioned it to Paul saying it must have gone by plane....when I thought I paid for ground. So that's what was on my mind. I could have gone with plane...but ground is what came to my mind first.

Since ground was too long....I shortened it to round....which led to blood. Got it in two tries! Score!


I've been wrestling with the bottom border of my wooden puzzle. It's been slow going...but I was determined to connect it before moving on.

I found an interior piece that led me to see that this was the edge piece that finally closed the gap. 

Does it look like and edge piece??? Not really....but it's what I needed.

It's a silly thing....but I'm smiling at at my finished border. Now I can keep plugging along.


6 comments:

  1. I don't do Wordle but what lit me up in this post was your mention of how you play the game, the way you start with a word that's on your mind vs. looking for the statistically strategic first move, and then you see where that leads. It feels like a little element of Tarot or the like in (to me) such an unlikely place, and it makes me take notice in my current focus on noticing ways to play … with anything and everything. Thanks, MaryAnn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these little mind games....I weave them into all kinds of things. Thanks for noticing that Dotty!

      Delete
  2. Sweet! I got mine in 4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking at puzzles lately. It seems like a good autumn diversion but I need to buy a good lamp because soon it will be very dark around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puzzles are a good thing and a good light is important. I have a lightweight lamp with a flexible neck that I can move around. They don't seem to carry it anymore...but there are lots like it online. It has 3 settings...which is nice. I can put the light right where I need it and that's helpful to reduce glare.

      Delete