C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, August 10, 2026

New Strategy

I popped in to see Janice today. There's aways so much color in her gardens!

Someone once said that if you want to change the quality of your life...clean out a closet. 

Almost a year ago today my friend Becky was visiting and we she helped me clean out and organize the hall closet. I needed to do the same thing in the laundry closet on the other side of the hall....and a year later I finally tackled it. The quality of our lives will most certainly be improved! 

The closet is tidy, but still not very photogenic....so I thought it was time for a puzzle post. You know I always have one on my table...and this one is a doozie! And I mean that in a good way. 

It was a gift from Linda D. who said it was too difficult for her. It featurs a Fabulous Floral hexagon quilt using Kaffe Fassett fabrics. 

The boarder was going together pretty well and at first I thought I would start at the top and work my way down pushing it up on the table as I usually do. That lasted about 10 minutes. Way too many pieces to sort though....I needed a new strategy.

I started assembling the very middle of the motifs The fabrics all seemed different so it seemed like the best way forward. I did the ones that were bright and easy like the blues....and that lasted several days. I had a mess on the table and I wasn't making progress. Again....I needed a new strategy. 


I cleaned up the table and finally found a strategy that has been working well.

I'm sorting out all the pieces that have the same small flower border around each motif....starting with the little blue flowers. 

Just today I pulled out the pieces with the little white daisies.

I've gotten far enough along where I could join motifs and I actually have a path from the top to the bottom. And I just noticed as I uploaded this photo that there's a path from side to side too. And you know how much I love that! Hallelujah! My new strategy is working! 


The whole time....my puzzle gang has been cheering me on. Change your strategy as often as you need to!  That improves the quality of your life too!

I'm loving this challenging and colorful puzzle....thank you Linda! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm delighted that the laundry closet re-org didn't strike you as being photogenic enough to post today—my delight comes from the fact that that happenstance led you to feature your current jigsaw puzzle-in-progress. LOVED the discussion and photo trail of the process that cued a succession of strategies. Fascinating! And I can see where your current strategy might take you a long way. Hats off to you! And three cheers to your puzzle gang for cheering you along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...yes, the puzzle photos and story are way more fun than the closet. The journey that a puzzle takes me on is what I like best. At first I thought I might abandon this one....but it became a personal mission to figure it out the right strategy. And I have. Thank you for celebrating that with me.

      Delete