C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

"Every Day Still Life"

It's my last day at the library while at my sister's and I'll travel home tomorrow night.  Angie is getting stronger and stronger every day and with the help of couple more sisters and her friends and neighbors I think she'll be fine.

One of my assignments for this week's "Consciously Creative" class was to look for "everyday still life." Take a photo then try and improve the composition.  Here's something I just submitted.

I've been making oatmeal with apples for me and my sister every other morning for the past two weeks and putting it in these wonderful vintage "wabi-sabi" bowls. This became a familiar scene and yesterday while the oatmeal was cooking I tried to capture it in a pleasing composition.



This comment on our class Facebook page really made me chuckle.  Chiara is from Italy. I love that this has been an international experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment