C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, October 23, 2017

Gardening In Her Shoes

Today was a garden clean up day...dumping tired plant pots, repotting plants to bring in, and cutting perennials back. I had a car load of yard trash to dump so headed to the city transfer facility....I actually find these places fascinating. 

What I had forgotten is that sometimes it's a gold mine for evergreens and other clipped treasures. Someone had just dumped large branches from a crabapple tree and the colors of the fruit were spectacular. So of course some came home with me....I want to watch them shrivel.  I also found some marigold blossoms to dry and a little bittersweet.



I have to tell you about my shoes.  One of my requests after Connie's passing was to have her barely worn clogs....there were several pairs. Her daughters thought I was crazy...but I wanted to use them as my gardening shoes. They slip on and off easily as I go in and out of the house...and somehow I find them comforting. You've heard of walking in someone else's shoes....well I'm loving gardening in Connie's shoes!

2 comments: