C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Autumn

"I am made for autumn. Summer and I have a fickle relationship, but everything about autumn is perfect to me. Wooly jumpers, scarves, thin first, then thick socks. The low slanting light, the crisp mornings, the chill in the my fingers, those last warm sunny days before the rain and the wind. The moody hues and subdued palette punctuated every now and again by a brilliant orange, scarlet or copper goodbye." 
Alys Fowler

When I left for Missouri at the end of September it still looked like the end of summer.  When I came home it most certainly looked like fall.  The reflection of the trees on the pond at the condo in Maine was just beautiful.

When you have a new place every season brings something new.  The complex is fairly woodsy....and I'm enjoying watching all the trees.



The maple outside my window is still mostly green...I wonder if it will turn...or go straight to brown. 


No comments:

Post a Comment