C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, September 30, 2021

In Between Time

I was quite struck with Claudia Dilller's Facebook post this morning about this "in between time of year. " When the calendar says fall...but things are mostly still summery green....with just touches of color and a bit of chill.

It was so evident on my after dinner walk.

Claudia wondered if trees think like women do this time of year .....when it's time to put away the summer clothes and pull out some fall colors.  We might just dabble with it to start.....maybe a pop of orange....

...or maybe a touch of red. This sumac leaf looked like it was wearing red lipstick.  

I've never worn lipstick in my entire life....but if I did...I would wear red.

Do trees like to tease us with just a hint of color....a few highlights?  

And do some go all out right away and ask....does this color look good on me?  

Claudia got me thinking about all of these things.

This maple is one street over and I've been watching it for weeks.  It's not messing around with in between....it's just going for it! And in case it was wondering...these colors look great on it!

I have admired Claudia's art for years.... and you can see some of of her work that I own here in these posts: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/search?q=Claudia

Here are a couple of her fall paintings that caught my eye.


And finally....a fun little story from today.

I visited Margie this morning and she was excited to show me this apple.  My photo is terrible...but the tiny apple stem has a cute little curve.  She's been paying attention....it IS all about the stem.
And it's also about a beautiful finished puzzle on her table....with touches of gold. I'm looking forward to doing this one!



No comments:

Post a Comment