C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

The People I Meet

I recently exchanged a couple emails with a delightful woman from Scotland.  She came across an image of my "Swirls of Color" project on Pinterest...which led her to my blog....which led her to Izzy Moore....which led her to take the Celtic Seascapes Course....the same class I took. I always enjoy the people I meet through art and the blog who are also seekers of joy.

Paul and I took advantage of the picture perfect late summer day and headed to the coast....where we met a few more interesting people.

We picked up tacos from our favorite place in South Portland and had a picnic at the Bug Light Park. The Bug Light was getting a new coat of paint today!

Then we walked Crescent Beach.....stopping at Kettle Cove at one end.  There I ran into a young artist and we had a delightful chat about her art....and the beauty of Kettle Cove. 

I love meeting artists plein air painting our beautiful coast.


We ran into another woman walking with a monarch butterfly along Crescent Beach.  She saw it struggling in the water and offered it her hand. It hopped on board and stayed with her quite a long time while it dried out its wings.  After we talked....it was ready.....and it just flew away. 

You just never know who....or what....you're going to meet on the beach.




No comments:

Post a Comment