C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, September 20, 2021

White Blooms

Today I'm especially grateful for the white blooms in my backyard....they make me smile.

The white rain lilies have not stopped since they started.  There are several in bloom and more buds are coming. What a gift!

The pink ones have not produced much this whole second half of the summer.  It's been cool here in New England...and that could be the reason.  I'll have to do  a little research to see what I can do for next year.

I'm also celebrating the tall white bugbane plant in my back garden.  The fuzzy bottle brush type blooms attract the bees and are a welcome addition to my late summer garden.  
The plants are at the back end of the garden along the side of the patio....and the blooms are taller than the fence.

When you look closely each long bloomhead has dozens of tiny fuzzy firecrackers.  
They are an absolute delight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment