C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, June 23, 2024

Just Because

The Voice 
by Shel Silverstein

There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long,
"I feel that this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong."
No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
Or wise man can decide
What's right for you - just listen to
The voice that speaks inside.

My inner voices are whispering about this and that right now. I'm hearing more questions than answers...but I'm listening.

I found a vintage book at a thrift store that had fabulous cursive writing and nice thick pages....and I recently discovered that it took watercolor really well.  I used a swatch of it yesterday on my card....and decided I would cut some strips today for a simple weaving.  

I set up the warp on a piece of foam core as wide as my index card using straight pins....and weaved in plain word pages.      


After gluing it onto the card I added a few stitched X's....just because.  

ICAD #23...soft and simple. 

4 comments:

  1. WOW, what a find that vintage book is, and what magic you are already weaving with it, MaryAnn!

    Those just-cuz x's? Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always on the lookout for great vintage papers and this one was a winner! With the thick pages and the cursive font....it was a win win!

      So happy you appreciate the "just-cuz x's!"

      Delete
  2. Great idea and even greater find! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! I did feel like I won the art stash lottery when I found this book!

      Delete