C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, June 6, 2024

This and That

Linda commented that even lupin leaves are pretty....and I couldn't agree more. This one covered in dew caught my eye.

I love the way water beads up on plants and flowers....just look at the beads of water nested in the center of this rose leaf!


We had a leisurely morning winding down our time in Strafford. It was an amazing joy packed few days! Then we hit the road for a scenic drive home through the White Mountains of New Hampshire.  

There were amazing vistas all along the way with the layers of distant mountains in various shades of blue and lush green landscape of both pine and deciduous trees. It was breathtaking!  We stopped at every opportunity we could to soak it in. 
The drive along the Kancamagus Scenic Byway met all of our expectations!


In my small bag of random art supplies I took with me were a few scraps of gelli printed papers. I actually packed the bag for another trip and I never got into it but I picked up the same bag hoping for the best.

Inspired by the strips of rainbow batik fabrics I wrote about yesterday...I made my own little paper flags for my day 6 ICAD. I used a prepainted card that I also added to my bag and added the stitching when I got home. 

Now that I'm home...I'll have more time to go through my photos and may share a few more of my favorites from our trip. Here are a couple photos I took last evening from the upper deck with the night mode on my camera. 

You can just barely see the creek that runs through the whole property..

Here's the same view a little earlier last evening.

We could hear the creek from every window in the house...it was so peaceful.
Along the creek in the back of the house there was a whimsical patch of birdhouses and found objects.

It was so clever fun and none of my photos did it justice.

There were a couple places where you could get across and take a closer look.

So many found objects packed in this little space...
a little of this and a little of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment