C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, August 20, 2026

Jane's Little Gallery

This tiny quilt made with scraps of striped fabrics has been kicking around my studio for years. It was originally going to be a thank you card to Jane for making me a colorful quilt.....but it just didn't seem right at the time. But I finished up the binding yesterday....and hung it in Jane's little bathroom art gallery today. 

I wrote about Jane's gallery before...so I won't repeat the details. You can check out the link if you're interested.

And since I was at Jane's...that also means I got to go to Jane's beach....which is what my kids called it growing up. 

There's always that moment of anticipation when you walk the dune grass path.....

and get that first glimpse of the water. You know you're heading somewhere special. 
There's nothing like the sound of the ocean.


Lowish tide for as far as the eye could see made for great walking.


This little rock spot was just crawling with kids and beach combers.


And here's the gallery wall with six of my little art experiments....there might not be room for anymore. The lighting isn't great...it's so much more vibrant and colorful in person. The link above has better closeups of some of the pieces in Jane's little gallery.

6 comments:

  1. Oh! I surely do love Jane's beach, and that tide was perfect. We have several beaches of that sort near us, very shallow such that they, like Jane's beach, become HUGE at low tide.

    Your tiny quilt looks terrific in Jane's getting-bigger-every-day gallery collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't we lucky to live close to beaches? Paul and I tend to go more in the off season....when it's cooler and quiet. There is always something magical about an open ocean beach.

      Delete
  2. Your description of walking towards the beach and catching the first glimpse of the water (and the smells that go along with it) ... just like growing up in Michigan and visiting the Dunes along southern Lake Michigan.

    ReplyDelete