C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, November 17, 2017

A Little Progress

I brought my November project with me to Maine....but had too many fun distractions so I didn't get a lot done.  I am relieved to know that it's going to work out just fine. 

I've gotten a lot of milage out of this fabric on a variety of projects....mostly cutting out the medallions. 

I think they make whimsical flowers and a long as I avoid the yellow they match the November scheme perfectly. The striped fabric will be a thin border that will wrap around the paint panel...and the dots will be the foreground.  I may audition a few other fabrics when I get back home....but I do like this combo.



I will also do something more interesting for the vase....this is just a place holder.  I think I will stitch the little "joy" in the corner with floss on this one rather than fusing it. I also need just a little bit more of the background stitched then it's the home stretch on this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment