C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Not This Year

The intensity of fall colors depends on temperature and moisture. I read an interesting article about it here. This year the colors, in general, were not as bright...and some trees I love to watch went straight from green to brown.  There was some beautiful color...but not like usual.

A year ago I celebrated my ginkgo as it dropped most of its yellow leaves in one day.  Not this year. 

When I left for my trip two weeks ago it was still mostly green.  When I got back it was brown and 1/2 the leaves were down.


Some years are like that. If it happened every year it probably wouldn't be as special. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment