C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Wabi-Sabi Gourds

I'm on the second leg of my travels in lovely Colorado visiting Margie, my mother-in-law. I was so tickled when she showed me her wabi-sabi gourds left over from last year. I absolutely love them!  Like Amy and Joan....she also said I was rubbing off on her!

When I visited her last December we bagged up a bunch of gourds that were part of her fall decorating. I wasn't quite sure what they would do...dry slowly...or rot in the bag...but she wasn't worried. Well....they kind of did both. But lucky for both of us they were out of sight or she might have thrown them away in the middle of their transformation.




But they are nice and dry now....precious shriveled perfectly imperfect little gourds.

No comments:

Post a Comment