C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, March 25, 2018

JOYFUL!

Along the right side of my blog sits a photo of a "JOY!" carving done by my artist friend Rob. It's one of my favorite possessions and gets moved around my house in Lexington reminding me to be "surprised by joy."
A while back I bought the promise of another one of Rob's carvings at our church youth group auction.  At first I thought I wanted another "JOY" to take to Maine....but what I finally asked for was "JOYFUL."

It was delivered today and I couldn't be more thrilled. Do you see the subtle little "puttering" along the edge? I love the bold rainbow spectrum and the evening sunset evolving into a dark starry night sky.  Thank you Rob! I love it!



It's awesomely chunky so will sit nicely on a shelf. It's heading to Maine and I can't wait to find it a new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment