C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Swoopy Curves

I've been mulling over the quilting at the top of the purple quilt.  At first I thought swirls....but there was a good chance I would mess it up....I should have done it first.  But then I decided I wanted it simpler.

I almost left it with no quilting because the stitching on the strips is so subtle....but I am regretting no quilting on the dots on another one I did earlier.  Quilting is a good thing...it adds texture.  I finally landed on swoopy curves with my walking foot.  I used a sliver of soap to lightly mark my lines....winging it doesn't always work.

Now I can sew on the squares and I'm pretty sure there'll be buttons. I think the stitching will define the squares and add even more texture. 

            I may let this one sit because I know it's heading in a positive direction and get started on the next one.  I have a couple of ideas rolling around in my head. 


I like the offset buttons....my inclination is to center....but "off" is good sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment