C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, April 24, 2021

62

This is one of the photos I came across in my memorabilia box.  It was April 24, 1968....my 9th birthday. I remember that dress....I remember that bun....and it looks like I'm all ready for a party. Mom always made us feel special on our birthdays.

I turned 62 today....and I'm keenly aware that my mom died when she was 62.  I feel like I'm in the prime years of my life with so many wonderful things still ahead of me.  It makes me sad that my mom didn't get a chance to experience life after 62....but I will live a little more mindfully...and a little more gratefully from here on out....just for her.

And what a fabulous birthday it has been....all day long. There's much to show and tell....but for now here's the short version:

It was a perfect spring day that started with a morning walk with Paul.  Then....fresh bagels for breakfast and morning coffee on the patio without hats or mittens, treats on my doorstep from Janice, emails, facebook wishes, cards, and texts from friends, time in the studio and at the puzzle table, a visit with Margie, a tour around Portland looking for signs of spring, a fun box of goodies from my sister, fabulous take out for dinner, a long conversation with one of my sons and a text from the other, and a glorious evening on the patio with the love of my life.  Phew!  62 is off to a great start!  

And just as I'm writing this....I learned about a very special tree that was planted today.  More on that another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment