C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Earth Day

It's Earth Day today.....and I've got the postmark to prove it. 


Inside that pretty pink envelope was a birthday card from my sister-in-law Liz.  My birthday isn't until Saturday....but it's always fun to spread things out.

Liz always makes her cards....and she knows I love polka dots.  The inside of her card is below along side my other sister-in-law Alyson's card....who has a great sense of humor.  


           

I do think dreams can blossom over time if you just let them....but some of them have to be tended to blossom.  Dreams are like that sometimes.

And I was quite delighted to get this photo in a text from Joan.  She was walking the alleys in Traverse City while visiting her mother-in-law and came across this little shed. She labeled it as a "gem" and I couldn't agree more. The sign above the door reads:

"Through every storm and the darkness of night 
there comes a patch of blue."


I have fond memories of walking the alleys with my sister Nancy in Minneapolis. Having an alley system puts all the garages in the back leaving the houses and lawns lined up uninterrupted by driveways. The neighborhoods are so lovely.  And the best part about walking the alleys is you get a glimpse into people's backyards.....I love backyards. Nancy has one of the coolest backyards ever....and you can get a glimpse of it here:  https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2015/05/oasis-in-city.html

I searched my photos for images from our alley walks....but this is the only one I found. Not quite as charming as Joan's shed she found but I bet we saw some cool stuff. Her photo took me back looking at all my Minneapolis photos....and those memories of walking the Alleys with Nancy.


This photo gives you a sense of the streets....without the driveways.  Minneapolis has been on my mind lately....for so many reasons.  It's time to go back for a visit sometime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment