C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Late Night....

 ...watercoloring.

Late last night I was compelled to watercolor using a stencil again.  This time I chose this handwriting mask where the negative space would be filled in. It might look like white handwriting on a watercolor background.....with a little desired bleeding for interest.

The room was dark....with just the light on my work table. It kind of felt like I was doing something secret....and special.

This is how it looked when I finished painting....hmmmm. You never know how it's going to turn out until you pull up the mask. Sometimes it bleeds too much...and sometimes you get lucky.

The suspense was killing me.


I think I got lucky this time! Maybe I ought to try this late at night more often....I've been mostly unlucky during the day recently.


It kind of makes my heart sing!


No comments:

Post a Comment