C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Bloom Fall

Tis the season for the "bloom fall."  

I heard that phrase for the first time in a novel years ago....maybe they made it up....but it's a perfect name for what's going on right now. When there's even the slightest breeze...it rains crabapple blossoms. 

These are across the street at Sandy and Jim's.  I enjoy their crabapple from my kitchen window.

These caught my eye on our walk this morning....they weren't just the petals....the full blooms had fallen off.  Now that's a bloom fall!



Sometimes creative energy gets spent in the community rather than the studio.  One of my assignments as a condo association board member is pool committee chairman....and I've got a great group to work with. There's been a flurry of activity in the past few weeks as we get ready to open next week: we've rewritten the pool rules, and had new signs made, we had a furniture cleaning party, and I spray painted 5 metal tables. Today Patty helped me arrange the furniture and her attention to details that I might not have noticed paid off.  Paul and I have enjoyed the pool more that we thought.....so along with our community, we will reap the rewards of this creative energy.


No comments:

Post a Comment