C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, May 17, 2021

Itty Bitty Things

Paul and I have been amazed how quickly things have greened up and grown.  I love the variety of textures and shades of green in this backyard garden....with the little pops of purple and pink. The coral bell in the foreground is such a spectacular purple color! We've had good rain....and recently quite a bit of sun...and that equals happy gardens....and happy gardeners.  It's been a wonderful spring.

I got an unexpected late birthday package from Emily, my goddaughter....and it came wrapped in bright pink repurposed paper.  She has a great sense of humor....and her notes on the box....and in the box are always good for a chuckle. She's a gem!
Emily has been collecting these itty bitty things....and thought I would like them too. I do! The dime gives you a reference point for how itty bitty they really are. I'll have to come up with a clever way to display them.  

I grew up on a farm in dairy country....but still have fond memories of things my mom would make with Cool Whip. It seemed like such a "treat" at the time. My mom spent a lot of all of her days cooking for a big family and sometimes it was just easier to pop the top off rather than whip the cream.  

This was one of Emily's favorite itty bitty things...and it's one of mine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment