C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, May 31, 2021

Blocks of Color

Ever since I did the pink and green watercolor thumbnails inspired by my enkianthus bloom....I literally can't stop painting blocks of color.  I've turned into a bit of a night owl and I sit at my table after the sun has gone down...and I paint.

I started this a couple days ago...and iphoto says I took this photo at 9:30 p.m.....that's late for me.  Painting these simple blocks of color is satisfying and soothing.  

It started as just an experiment to try all the colors in this set of Niviva Colorsheets.  This is the spring set....and I also have the original set which I love too.  I actually think I used the original set for the enkianthus swatches.

They are made to be compact and portable.....and they work pretty well.  The colors are vibrant...and can be easily mixed and diluted for different hues and depths of color. And they're easy....which works for me.

There's a very concentrated watercolor swatches on each page...and just a quick swipe with a wet brush you have plenty of color to push around. There is parchment paper between every page so the colors don't bleed into each other.

https://vivivacolors.com/collections/viviva-colorsheets-collection

My original intention was to make the shapes line up....but I kind of like the wonkiness that happened....and wish there was more.


This spring set has a few colors that are metallic.....which you can kind of see here. I wasn't very happy with this paper....it's just what I grabbed and it's a little to textured for me. I inherited it from Connie....and she knew what to do with it.  I still have a lot to learn. But I'm trying to use what I have.....most of the time. 😉

I said I had the original set of Colorsheets too....and here are those color blocks on the bottom. I do like the smoother watercolor paper better....and it still has texture....just not as much as the other.  

Like I said....I can't stop making these for some reason....I'm heading upstairs to paint as soon as I press publish. I'm just going with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment