C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, May 14, 2021

Scrap Quilts

I fell in love with this wabi-sabi tulip on our morning walk.  It's just so interesting.....especially against the blue forget-me-nots. 

And look what I have about to bloom....two rain lilies.  

 


Long time readers are all too familiar with my rain lilies....but for those of you who aren't.....this is a big deal.  I winter the bulbs over inside and the foliage dies back. I just pulled them out a week or so ago and started watering them.  They will eventually have foliage and bloom most of the summer....but these little guys wanted a head start.  I have both pink and white.

I have been quite inspired by Autumn Moon Art, an artist on Instagram and a self proclaimed "arting enabler." https://www.instagram.com/autumn_moon_art/

She makes collage quilts using her paper scraps....and that seemed right up my alley. She encourages you to not over think it....just cut up your scraps, glue and stitch.  She actually mostly used stamps that look like stitching because she wants them to be absolutely stress free and simple.  

I have bins and bins and bins of paper scraps and snippets.  This was my first experiment and I just grabbed what was on top....but I think it works OK and looks like spring.  There's a little bit of everything in there.

I added one of my watercolor motifs and turned this one into a Mother's Day card for Margie.
For round 13 of our 4 x 6 exchange I went with more simple scrappy quilts.  For Brenda's I pulled out scraps of blues, greens and purples....most of them watercolor experiments. 

I'm quite fond of this one....a very soothing palette.


The timing of Becky's card was when I made the color swatches for the thumbnail sketching class...so all her scraps came from those. I do love these little colorful swatch scraps and am looking forward to making more.
I think the black zig zag is too overpowering...I wish I would have done straight stitching  or even a blanket stitch around the edge....but otherwise I like it.  Becky should have gotten this one by now....and next week I'll make one to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment