C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Swatches

I've started another 2 week class with Tansy Hargan....this time it's Mixed Media Thumbnail Sketching.  I wished I would have taken this class before I took her textile class....but I know I'll revisit that again in due time. Yesterday we got familiar with our tools.....and I'm only using things I already have....pens, pencils, and various paints and other art media.  

Today our assignment was to paint 30 tiny little swatches using layers of color and mark making....and we'll use these in the next lessons. I started with scraps of book pages, Angie's writing, maps, and other recycled papers.

I have given up trying to predict what Tansy has in store for the next lesson....but I'll see tomorrow.  Today it was playing with bright happy colors.....what's not to love about that. You can watch a little time lapse video of all my swatches here on my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/p/COd7QSQnc10/

And...what's not to love about a wabi-sabi tulip....it kind of looks like my swatches.

No comments:

Post a Comment