C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, May 6, 2024

Celebrating Tulips!

It's full on spring and today I'm celebrating tulips!

We used to live right across from these tulip gardens in Portland...in one of my favorite houses on a little dead end street.  I looked forward to this tulip show every year....so I took a little field trip to check it out.  It did not disappoint.

Most of the tulips were in their prime...but still more just getting started in a few of the side gardens.  

There was a lovely variety...and these variegated ones were quite striking.

 

And aren't these lacey yellow ones interesting?


The pinks and purples were just starting to open up.  

I enjoyed being back in the old neighborhood....and I especially enjoyed celebrating the tulips!

Portland does a very nice job with the gardens and green spaces. I do love my city!

4 comments:

  1. These Portland gardens are beautiful! And so evocative for me—my family lived in the Netherlands when I was ages 10-12, and we visited the Keukenhof Gardens outside Amsterdam with its spectacular displays. I also remember on more than one occasion driving past acres of fields where tulips were grown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to see the large tulip fields in person. What a wonderful memory! Thanks for sharing Dotty!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love tulips- one of the first colorful parts of spring. Just wish they last longer-
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wished they lasted longer too. And it takes so long for them to die back. But I need to take my own advice and find beauty in that!

      Delete