C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, May 2, 2024

Textures

One of the first thing I wanted to do this morning on our morning walk was visit the hackmatack tree. There's a little progress...but I'm glad I didn't miss too much while I was gone. 

Although sometimes I wish it was a little warmer....the cool spring is especially good for the bulbs and flower trees so the blooms last longer.  

I know I'm a broken record but I just love the fuzzy texture of these baby pine needles.

Patsy and Brian have several hackmatack on their property....they're pretty common Downeast.....but I'm still pretty tickled I have my own to visit.


I've been editing and putting together montages for texture week for the Conscious Creativity class.  All of these images have a lacy quality to them but they are so many different textures. 

There are barnacles, the back of a metal chair, fuzzy growth on a tree, lichen, a crocheted tablecloth. and white foam from a waterfall (which in the final product will be a video).

No comments:

Post a Comment