C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, May 16, 2024

Giddy with Delight!

I was on my way to visit Margie this morning driving down Washington Ave. in Portland. It's not a very picturesque street....we have plenty of those in Portland. It's part commercial, part residential, and a major thoroughfare into the city....and I drive it on a regular basis.

But this morning something caught my eye and I thought to myself...I'll just stop on the way home....Margie's expecting me. But something told me to turn around and take a closer look now....I might forget later. Margie would understand

Behind a solid fence blocking the busy traffic on Washington Ave there was a magnificent narrow bed of tulips....and I was giddy with delight! 




This densely planted bed in this hot color scheme was absolutely spectacular.



I had to go just a smidgen into their yard but I didn't think they'd mind.

Or at least that's what I told myself. 

I took down the house number and I'm going to write them a thank you note. They need to know how much joy they brought into my day. And they need to know that I was delightfully giddy with their magical hidden tulips.


This photo was a little odd...but I actually love it.

I've been using portrait mode more and more and sometimes the camera focuses on something I didn't expect before I set it to focus where I want. Here it focused on the foreground making the tulips look almost ethereal in the background.  

But that's how it felt. Especially along this not so picturesque stretch of Washington Ave. 

And just when I thought it couldn't get any better I drove down the side street  to find a place to turn around and there was their barn. Could I love this more?  I think not!

There's a part two to this story...but I'm going to save it until tomorrow. It's another tulip story...and may even better than this one.   

And the second part of the story left me giddy with delight. Again.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - the COLORS! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I'd say you hit the jackpot of special surprises! Those tulips are truly magnificent! And that barn....LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! you had me at the magical narrow bed of tulips … and now it turns out this is a page turner, though I can't turn the page until you post part 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did feel like a moment of magic....as did what was on the next page.

      Delete
  4. I don’t know how it can get better! I am captivated by the beautiful tulips. Thank you for taking the time to turn around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did get better for me Cherie...as you'll see from tonight's post. But there's also a part three! All of this because I made myself turn around!

      Delete