C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Rolling Paper!

What a day!  I don't think I could have squeezed another thing in....and I certainly can't imagine what I would have taken out.  

But the highlight was spending the afternoon with Ida....painting....cutting...and joyfully puttering at my dining room table. 

We split the time between gelli printing and a paper tube tutorial. We were so busy that I only took a few photos...but I do love the start of her color scheme for her project. I have loads of art magazines....so she took a pile of pages home to cut up. 

I'll be excited to help her as she needs it through the process...but for now she just needs to start rolling paper.  


And I did snap a photo of this adorable little canvas she put together and brought to show me. One of the last time she was here we had talked about how useful napkins can be in collage if you peel apart the layers. 

So Ida did just that with a napkin I think she got from a friend....and made this little art piece.  It actually looks like it's painted on.  It's just adorable.  

Just to clarify....Ida is going to make a paper tube piece like the one at the top of my blog. It's made with rolled paper from magazines or catalogs. 



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the vicarious pleasure of the afternoon of creative camaraderie you and Ida shared today! Hmm, what do you mean when you refer to rolling paper?

    Ida, LOVE your napkin art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha....I guess I didn't really make that clear. Ida wants to make a paper tube piece like the one at the top of my blog.

      Delete
  2. p.s. Did I totally miss the photo and explanatory note at the bottom of this post, or did you go back to add those after you originally posted???

    ReplyDelete