.....and a statue of "Liberty."
As I was attempting to clean off one of the work surfaces in my studio...I came across a couple of scraps: the last of the fused napkin scraps and the Audubon title from the magazine I've been cutting up.
I'm not sure I love the stripe...but it's what I did....so it's there to stay. I filled in the letters with a little pink and added the napkin leaf for flow.
I'm heading towards pink...teal...and aqua. I think.
One learns most when one wanders the world. Tamuna Tsertsvadze
The 58 foot sculpture sits in the middle of nowhere near the Denver Airport....and is visible for miles.
"Through its reflective surface, the sculpture invites viewers to engage with their own sense of freedom and transformation, encouraging a connection to something greater than themselves." Michael Benisty, artist
MaryAnn, another tag! The use of pink in the interior of some of the Audubon letters, and the way you use Audubon leaves and napkin leaves to flow over and under the stripe, all add up to appealing depth and composition.
ReplyDeleteLove seeing Chuck's wandering flowers making acquaintance and connection with Liberty seemingly in the middle of nowhere!
Thanks for this Dotty. I had regrets on this one. I haven't made a lot of time for art these days....but these simple quick tags are keeping a bit connected to a creative practice. And thanks for cheering on The Wandering Flower journey!
DeleteI’ve been remiss in reading and commenting on blogs but I sure have been enjoying your tags…….. so many connections through them, both in the color flow and the things you are using. I love the quotes you include, too.
ReplyDeleteYou're not being remiss at all Cherie! We need to be present where we are....and you have so much to pay attention to! But thank you for your kind words!!! Looking forward to seeing where you land next!
Delete