C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, September 11, 2026

"The Incident"

Subtitle: Today of All Days

It's been 25 years....and like most of us....I remember 9/11 so clearly. I was between jobs...so happened to be home. I was watching the morning news while I was working on a project when the first reports came in. Then the next and the next. The images were horrific....and it was hard to watch but also hard to look away. We lived on a dead end street at the time....so it was usually very quiet. But at the same time the reports were coming in a police car slowly came down the street....and I remember the feeling I had in the pit of my stomach. Things felt very wrong and I desperately wanted Paul and the boys to just come home.

There was no incident in the street...it was just a coincidence. But I will never forget how I felt that day.

The Twig and Toad Folks published a Weekend Whimsy Hunt and one of the things on the list was something that could reasonably be called "the incident." I zeroed in on that today of all days.

When I first saw all the feathers in the yard....I thought...there appears to have been a struggle

Now I'm thinking this could reasonably be called "The Incident."


It left a bad feeling in my stomach....today of all days.



A friend posted this Mr. Rogers quote on Facebook today as her remembrance of 9/11. There were so many helpers that day....and beyond. Look for the helpers!


2 comments:

  1. Every day a day to look for the helpers, every day a day to be the helper. Thank you for this thoughtful post, MaryAnn ❤️🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can all be helpers in our own way. Have a great day Dotty!

      Delete