C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Our Kind of People

Lily introduced me to an Instagram account called twigandtoadfolk saying it was "our kind of people!"
I couldn't love it more. Their page header says Made Well. Kept Wild. Quiet stories, handcrafted goods and small things worth noticing. Their backstory is sweet....and the posts are simple, humorous, and heartwarming. Their lists....prompts and assignments sometimes made me laugh out loud! Mostly because they are spot on with the way I think. Lily was right....they're our kind of people!     

I'm doing really well today with their rules for September


1. My windows are wide open with cool breezes coming in and it makes me want to sing. 

2. I actually picked up a leaf this morning and added to the Chinese lantern pods in my wooden bowl on my table. It has no responsibility other than to make me smil.

3. It is too early for a gourd to be sitting on my window sill. It has to last until Thanksgiving....and that still seems like a long way off. I'm still loving the one on my fence.

4. I had iced tea for happy hour today with Patty....and look forward to those September day when I choose hot tea.

5. Ha ha...I DID mention the fabulous cool morning to a neighbor I met in the street.

6. I didn't put an acorn in my pocket today...but I know I will sometime this month.

7. My sweater (actually a jean shirt) has been within reach and on and off all day long.

8. There are no apples in the house at the moment...but that could change any day now. I love apple slices on toast with peanut butter this time of year.

9. I baked homemade seed crackers this morning for happy hour with Patty....and paired with a little Trader Joes Unexpected Cheddar spread it pretty much a dessert for me.  



Can I post too many photos of my first gourd with the curiously long stem? I think not. It's a new rule for September! More gourds and pumpkins to come!


This is The Hollow Assignment post Lily originally sent me....I'm think I'm going to work on it a bit. 


4 comments:

  1. I just wrote a long complicated text message with several links to a friend and lost it either five or six times. I still don't know what I did but, poof! gone it was. each time. All of which is to say how happy I am now to have successfully got that message on its way to the intended recipient and NOW I have the reward of your post waiting for me. Instant joy!

    The twigandtoadfolk!!! Delightful! I am cheered : )

    MaryAnn, that leaf-and-chinese-lantern-pods photo is perfection. JUST LOVE.

    It is now time to brush my teeth. I will walk to the bathroom in the opposite direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That same thing has happened to me....technology is so frustrating sometimes. And we just keep trying...and if we're lucky it finally works. Phew! The twig and toad folks are the perfect counterbalance to that....little nuggets of noticing and doing that can keep us grounded.

      I wonder what things I can do opposite today!!!

      Delete
  2. I looked at the Twig and Toad page and it was charming! It does seem right up your alley, MaryAnn - noticing nature, collecting little things, being creative! Such fun! And your little gourd with the curiously long stem is fast becoming an Autumn classic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charming is just the right word.....and yes...it's right up my alley. And thank you for elevating my gourd to "autumn classic." Yes!

      Delete