But I need to make a little tag every once in a while....just to get some glue and paper in my hands. I decided to stick with text for flow and continued with similar soft colors. Once I saw the first photo....I decided it needed a focal point so I added the tissue swirl (it's a little too subtle) and a woodpecker.
The woodpeckers must have been vacationing with the bluebirds because they disappeared for a while too. But they're back now pecking away at the suet....and that makes me happy.
I used just magazine text on the back....with a bit of filling in with colored pencil and marker.
I added little pumpkin as a focal point in the corner garden at the end of our street. It's not my personal garden...but I'm the one who mostly takes care of it. It was robust and beautiful during the summer...but like most gardens it's winding down. The purple verbena and scaevola have been gorgeous and are still doing well...and I love the purple and orange together. There were pops of color with day lilies, daisies, coreopsis, and black-eye Susan throughout the season...most of which have been cut back. And now that the grass is blooming and there's a pumpkin focal point...it feels like and infusion of fall.
MaryAnn, your focal points are spot on, both on your tag and in the garden space. I celebrate them in and of themselves and also as pointers to the gift of finding focus in so many pursuits and activities. Your tag 'books' entrance me each and every time; they are magnificent in their design, composition, texture, mindfulness. Keep on keeping on!
ReplyDeleteThanks Dotty! Nothing like a good focal point....in art and in life! I'm smiling at your over-the-top praise of my simple little tags. But thank you making a mountain out of a mole hill!
DeleteLove, love, love that purple and orange!! And your tag flows beautifully from the previous one with graphics and color. Just a few minutes of creativity is all it takes some days to satisfy the creative pull. I worked on a couple of little landscapes today and it felt good! Have a great Sunday, MaryAnn!
ReplyDeleteHa ha....yes isn't it fun what one simple little pumpkin can do next to purple flowers! Thanks for the kind words about my little tags....it's all I can do right now. I saw your recent landscapes on Instagram...they ARE an actual work of art. Well done.
DeleteThanks MaryAnn. It's all art to me! 😊
Delete