C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, September 26, 2022

Limited Pallette

I may be a sucker for color....but I will admit I'm loving the limited palette in these painted papers I've been making over the last few days.

I've been itching to do some mono printing...especially leaf prints before they  disappear for the winter.....but I'm a little rusty.


As a way to get back in the groove....I  signed up for a little mini course with Rebecca Sower called "Winter Tree." It was only $15....and she is taking us through a project from start to finish.  In the mini course she shares her techniques for making textured papers and good tips for collaging.  I have admired her work for years. Her earthy pieces...and use of her hand drawn birds make my heart sing. 



This is Rebecca's class piece.....there is an interesting mix of textured papers on all the sides.


I'm quite fond of the winter sky with the black silhouettes of the bare trees. I celebrated it here in this post:

So for now I have some papers ready...now I need to find photo I love...and get a wooden paint panel prepped so I can play with this limited pallett.  

I couldn't stop making these little bronze dots last evening on this textured background...some with a skewer...and some with my finger.  I loved the mix of the bronze and the blue!


No comments:

Post a Comment