C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Triptych

Little collage experiments from my stash...stitched into a skinny triptych landscape card. And of course....a little bird. 






As many of you know....everyday at 4:00....weather permitting....Paul and I sit here in the backyard to visit and enjoy the view.  It's also a good spot for morning coffee....to read or do computer work.  

It's a fabulous spot....and I know the woods well.



So when there's something new or different...no matter how small....I almost always notice.  

I could see a tiny white blob from my chair....and maybe you can see it in this photo as I started into the woods. But I think the resolution got fuzzy in the translation to the blog. But it's there....inside the red circle...and I had to check it out.

There on a rotting stump....were two very white...and very sweet mushrooms. It's like they were perched up on a pedestal....just waiting to be noticed.  The stump was lovely...I've not looked at it up close before...but the green mossy marbling in the front was just lovely.


Another view.....showing the perfect mushrooms...and the interesting stump.  

If the collage piece was a triptych....then maybe the mushrooms are a diptych.  These are new art words for me.....2 or 3 paintings or works of art that are meant to be hung together.  

And on the way out....I found this  fabulous leaf.  
Another end of summer reminder that fall is right around the corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment