C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Paper Quilt

I went to bed thinking about a paper Kawandi quilt.....so that's what I played with today. 

I used a piece of very lightweight fusible interfacing as the base...and in typical Kawandi style I worked from the outside in tacking the papers down with my tiny iron as I went. I didn't fuse them down totally until the end.....I wanted the option to tuck and overlap as needed.  

I used mostly gelli prints and a few other painted papers.

Here's what it looked like before stitching....the fusible interfacing worked perfectly holding everything in place.  It's nice when an idea works....and I may try fabric one the same way.


Stitching in progress....wishing at this point I would have done a grid. I tried not to be perfect...I wanted the lines a little wonky.  And in the end I don't think they were quite wonky enough.


I love stitching on paper...it's so well behaved....
but the fusible stabilizer base really helped.   


This may be one of my favorite bird collage card so far! I think the pop of red is just right.  Connie's Calendar bird meets Kawandi paper quilt....
I think she would approve.

2 comments:

  1. OhMyGosh, I love this project and your outcome so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseanne! I had fun with this one.....every step of the way!

      Delete