Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity!
I came across these pressed lavender stems in one of my pressing books. They were delicate and fragile and kept their color so well. They photographed so beautifully that this post could stop right here at the first photo....but I really wanted to make a sun print.
The problems was....I was out of pretreated paper....but I did have had an envelope of smaller scraps that I keep on hand for printing bookmarks.
I placed the stems on one of the scraps...clipped on a piece of glass and set it on the front walkway....the only place I had direct sun at the time.
The flowers had some dimension...so didn't lay completely flat on the paper under the glass leaving a bit of a shadow. Shadows often enhance an image.
I'm quite tickled with the print and learned a few lessons:
Process some prints a little longer!
Always have pretreated papers on hand.
Don't forget about the envelope of scraps!
Curiosity is a bit like a camp friend to me, I might not have a talk-with-each-other-every-day relationship but when we do get together we pick up right where we left off and dive deep. I think I need to get in touch with her. Thanks for the reminder, and thanks for sharing this dimensional discovery process. Beautiful results, and the exciting possibility of more to come : )
ReplyDeleteLove that metaphor! We do need to tap into it whenever we can....and take that deep dive!
DeleteWow, that deep blue is stunning, and I love the shadow detail. Sounds like a 'glimmer' moment! I'm glad to see that you're now prepared for your next outburst of creativity. Looking forward to more beautiful prints!
ReplyDeleteI thought so too! Indeed a glimmer moment! I also see an outburst of creative printing coming!
Delete