C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Farm Store

I love finding these pops of color this time of year. 

It's still full on summer...but we're rounding the corner towards a season of change. 

Change is the only constant in life. 


It's always a good day when I go to the Winslow Farm store. Sarah and the staff are warm and welcoming and I always come home with colorful bag of veggies. Today I also made a delivery.

Sarah said she was down to one cyanotype card....so I scrambled over the past few days and stitched up another set of 12 cards and delivered them today.  

I didn't take any photos of the finished cards...but most of them came from this batch or prints I did about a month ago. I trimmed them up.....added watercolor and gold speckles to some...and all of them got stitched onto cards. 

This one was actually recently sent in the mail. I think meadow rue is one of my favorite leaf shapes. I'm going to make more of these.

    

Do you see the newly stocked wire stand on the back table. I love having my cards here and my portion of the sales goes towards much needed items for Maine Needs.


8 comments:

  1. Your harbinger leaf reminds me of a distant cousin that I picked up in August 1967 at Camp Takodah on a trip to pick up one of my sisters there; I tucked it into my diary where it stayed for decades. So sweet, those little signal flags of change.

    Also totally sweet that you and your cyanotype cards have a relationship with the Winslow Farm store and its warm, welcoming staff. Hats off to you that they let you know they wanted you to restock, and what a terrific selection of prints you had with which to rustle up a dozen new cards. Those cards are a win for everyone involved, MaryAnn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that story Dotty! What a special little connection to camp and a reminder of inevitable change.

      I don't make a lot of money with these cards...but like I told Sarah....I just need to make them. I will never grow weary of the process and I love having them out there in the world. And if, at the end of the season, I can buy a couple sets of sheets or some towels...it's a win!

      Delete
  2. Oh, what a lovely compliment to have your cards sell and awesome to support Maine Needs. Do they have other artist’s work for sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Cherie! I am compelled to make them....and selling them at a very reasonable cost and giving away my profit just feels good.

      No....they do not have any artist's work for sale. It's a very small farm stand and pretty soon all the shelves will be full as they head into full on harvest.

      Delete
  3. Your cyanotype cards are so perfect in this space! And it's such a good thing that the proceeds help Maine Needs. Beautiful art for a very good cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! I think the pop of blue is fun in the rustic space.

      Delete
  4. Love your blue cards but I’m always entranced with how the watercolor brings them to life. I still miss our local Mennonite farm store where we went to get our fresh veggies and fruit and jam and fresh flowers. I got a great vegetable cookbook and handmade broom one year. Several of the families moved out of the area after covid and it’s been a big loss. Nothing has replaced it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! I think the watercolor is fun and I'll get back to that more. I need to do another session of prints! So sorry about your local farm store. It's harder and harder for smaller businesses to keep going. Such a big loss.

      Delete