C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, August 8, 2026

Flowing Into Blues

Even when you don't think you have time to make art....you mostly likely do. I made another quick tag today...and it flows nicely from the reds...pinks and purples into the blues.

I continued with the catalog pages with cut out circles and used another paper cut from my car project. I'm pretty tickled with tag #3. And I like the simple back just as well.

I added a scrap from the catalog left over from the first tag on the back on the second one and the blue dots help with the flow! The ease of it tickles me. 


This blouse from the new Gudruns catalog was the inspiration for the transition from the purples to blues. I started with the black and white dot...then cut holes in the catalog parts and layered them up until I filled the tag. Yes....I could have just layered cutout circles...but this was more fun. And...the cutouts go into a scrap pile for something else! Yup....I'm a scrap and snippet saver.


I'm going to enjoy flowing into the blues! I see some cyanotype art in my tag future. I know I'll find time to make some mini art!


I've got a couple of white rain lilies....and more buds coming.

6 comments:

  1. This flow into blues is delightfully appealing, MaryAnn! I'm singing the Joy Blues (sounds like an oxymoron but that is just fine!). I love the process implicit in the layered magazine cutouts and love equally the simplicity and calm of the blue dots. And I love that what might look "easy" when seen as a cohesive collection of tags actually showcases all your years of experimenting and exploring and snipping and saving scraps and trying this and that. My eyes are grateful recipients of the beauty you create—THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty....your thoughtful comments always sound so poetic. You are able to describe what I am doing in ways that I might not see because I am too close to the process. Thank you for finding joy in my joy! My heart is grateful.

      Delete
  2. I sent for that catalogue after you mentioned it here a while ago. The colors and patterns are amazing and fun to cut out. I love the ease with which you created the flow from #2 to #3 - the blue with a touch of pink is perfect! And those rain lilies are just beautiful. So delicate! Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...how fun that you ordered a catalog! Aren't they awesome! The paper is so nice and they are filled with color and patterns. I do try and order a few things now and then...just to keep me on their radar screen. Thanks for the thumbs up on tag #3!

      Delete
  3. I have been drawn to blues lately and was given a cyanotype kit recently. Love these tags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't blues wonderful! And there's nothing like the blues of cyanotype! I hope you give it a try...and if I can help in any way, please reach out!

      Delete