C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Life Size

It's Clarke's birthday today! 

Clarke is my niece and is solely responsible for this blog actually getting off the ground and continues to be my tech support. I couldn't have done it without her. 

She is also the maker of the fabulous frogs:

 https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2025/12/clarkes-creature-christmas.html

She lives in a high rise condo along the lake in downtown Chicago. Right around the corner is this life size giraffe named Edna....and the owners have a good time dressing her up for holidays and seasons. Clarke sends me photos when she changes clothes..and I get quite a kick out of it. It was about time I shared them here....and this may not even be all of them. I feel like Edna should have a birthday had and balloons today!





Newborn Clarke...and Aunt MaryAnn! Happy Birthday Clarke!

10 comments:

  1. Those Edna photos are fabulous but my favorite pix are the ones of you and Clarke!

    Clarke, my hat (the birthday hat Edna is not wearing hahaha) is off to you for your critical highly valued role in MaryAnn's blog. We followers all send whole-hearted gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! I love when I get time with Clarke...she's a gem!

      Delete
  2. We have a "porch goose" that lives across the street and her outfits are changed at least weekly. Yesterday she had yellow yarn pigtails, a plaid jumper, an apple, and a backpack- all ready for the first day of school. But the giraffe!! This is absolutely hilarious and I would love to live there just to be a part of this. And yes- Happy birthday to Clarke!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG....you live across the street from a porch goose! How fun is that!

      Delete
  3. It must be quite a challenge to change Edna's outfits, especially the feet and head accessories! I am a relatively new follower and love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Mary....I'd love to be a fly on the sidewalk!

      Welcome to the blog Mary! You find a variety of ways I find joy in my everyday life...and hopefully a few things that make you smile. There are over 11 years of posts that might be in areas of interest if you check out the labels alongside the blog on the web. I'm always curious how people found me and what caught your eye!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to Clarke and thanks for helping MaryAnn with this wonderful blog! The photos of Edna are Hilarious!! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! They go all out dressing Edna and props! So cool Clarke shares photos with you. Happy Birthday Clarke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow indeed! I look forward to the photos and connection.

      Delete