C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, August 23, 2026

No Surprise

You don't have to do everything. Just do the next thing.

It's probably no surprise that I picked up the seaweed for a cyanotype experiment. I was completely inspired by prints I saw on Instagram by cyanokai.......and I knew I needed to give it a try.

This one was my favorite prints so far.

The seaweed I picked up was quite different than hers....but I got some interesting results. There is a little bit of translucency in the plants....and I worked with it wet giving even more texture and interest.

I'm going to be keeping my eye out for interesting seaweed and kelp when I'm at the coast. I love how wonky and irregular it is.

1 comment: