C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, August 27, 2026

On Its Way

This single...very tall bloom in a neighborhood garden captured my heart 

both coming and going on my morning walk.

Paul took Juliann's joy journal to the post office today....it's finally on its way across the country to Washington State. And I'm grateful to Patty for taking the time to go through every page with me this morning....there's nothing quite like flipping through the pages in person with someone who is interested. Thanks Patty!

Juliann included a piece of tissue with various birds. I ironed on a piece of fusible webbing to the back....cut out the birds and fused them here and there throughout the journal.

It worked perfectly....except for the time I ironed it on while a few papers were stacked up and there was an envelope underneath I nearly sealed up with the heat. 

Oops! I carefully pulled it open...and covered my mistake with a few flowers. There is beauty in imperfection! 

I posted the cover here....and there will be more photos to come when the journal gets closer to its new home. 

1 comment:

  1. Love that semi-transparent bird! Love the story of the oops! Love the hint of things to come! Love that statement sunflower—coming and going!

    ReplyDelete