C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, August 6, 2026

Tag #2

I'm so excited to have a few meadow rue plants blooming. They don't do very well in my garden because there's not enough sun....but I do have a few volunteers that are doing better than plants I actually planted.

Because the blooms are so delicate...they are really hard to photograph. I just adore the round pearl like buds so I'm going to keep trying. 

I've been a little under the weather....so not moving very fast....but I did take a few minutes to make another tag for my Tag Project 2.0. As was true with my last tag series....I want the tags to flow from one to the next in some way....either color or some design element. 

I was pretty tickled to still have the scrap from the catalog that I cut the centers from the flowers on the first card...so that was the starting point. Those three white circles are actually cut into the paper and the black dots are on the tag itself.

I layered more catalog scraps and cut apart the square paper cut I shared a few days ago. And there you have it....a second tag for my Tag Project 2.0. and it only took about 10 minutes. 


I like to do something simple on the back.....and I still need something on the second one. This was a painted paper gone wrong...but the colors were right and it works just fine as a backing.

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love being a fly on the wall watching your creative wheels turning. Thank you for the photos and commentary, MaryAnn! The flow from one tag to the next, and the choices for the backs of the tags: YES! And that meadow rue—with its little Christmas tree ornaments—seems very on theme with your tags : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I love the idea of the flow as much as the tags themselves. I've not done much art lately....so these little quick projects will help get me flowing again.

      Yes....tiny little Christmas tree baubles! That's what the meadow rue buds are!

      Delete
  2. When I enlarged your second photo, I could really see the meadow rue's delicate buds. So pretty! Your second tag is a great transition from your first and I love the backing paper! Hope you feel better soon, MaryAnn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with those tiny buds! Thanks for the thumbs up on the second tag Judy!

      Delete