I've gotten a good start on Juliann's joy journal. I've been fussy cutting and deconstructing some of her papers and ephemera and I figured out and finished the cover. I think it one of the most important parts and here's a sneak peak. The rest will be a surprise. for Juliann.
I knew I wanted to use this beautiful card for the cover. I had a couple of ideas...but in the end went with the tried and true and just gridded it up. I intended to mix it up to abstract it a bit...but in the end I just loved it just the way it was.
I think the window pane effect is quite pretty...especially with this image. I found just the right hand dyed fabric to highlight some of the colors.
That's all I can share for now....but wanted you to know where a chunk of my creative energy will be going this week. I'll look forward to sharing it when I'm done.
We finally have a copy of Paul's actual book in our hands...and it feels good. I'm so proud of these guys. In case you missed it....Paul and three of his seminary buddies wrote a book. You can read the details here in this post: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2026/08/something-to-celebrate.html
And I didn't know about this until today! My heart is full.
MaryAnn, thanks for giving us a sneak preview of the joy journal you're making for Julian. What a stunning start you've made with the cover using that colorful card from Julian, beautifully containing the explosion of color and detail by using a tried-and-true windowpane grid, and finding just the right hand-dyed fabric as a backdrop that showcases the card and its colors in a balanced way that doesn't complicate.
ReplyDeleteI don't know where the heck I was when you posted on the 3rd but I totally missed the announcement of the publication of The Wilderness of Friendship—what a wonderful undertaking and accomplishment for Paul and his three seminary buddies. SO EXCITING! Must feel unbelievably great to have it in hand!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Thanks Dotty...and it even looks better in person so I'm glad I kept it simple. Now I'm enjoying playing with the inside pieces and parts.
DeleteThe book is pretty exciting....and there will be some publicity events coming up that will bring the eight of us together....writers and spouses.
Lovely start to the journal, and a lovely dedication to you and the other women.
ReplyDeleteKathy
Thanks Kathy! All good stuff!
Delete