C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, August 7, 2026

Your Joy Journals

It is better to do something than do nothing while waiting to do everything. Winston Churchill

This was the Unfold montage Alyson sent me today. I couldn't love it more. 

You know by now how tickled I get when I see what some of you are doing with your joy journals. Judy has been working in one of the ones I made for her  and she posted a video of her progress on Instagram. I hope you check it out: https://www.instagram.com/p/DbohCcuPjke/

And just for the record...I'm still willing to make joy journals. As a matter of fact I don't think I'll ever stop making them. If you are new to the blog here is a link to the posts about my project so far.

When I was in Wisconsin....I was so tickled to see that Emily was adding to hers. She's now a busy mom of two....but is also an avid collector of interesting packaging and papers that catch her eye. She now has all kinds of places to tuck them.

Emily wanted her journal to be a living thing...and that's what it's going to be. At some point she's going to send me some of Max's art for another journal.



6 comments:

  1. Emily's journal is SO interesting! Thanks for linking to mine, MaryAnn - I'm still enjoying adding to it! It has caused me to start working in another art journal I had put aside for a while too! Working on these is very meditative for me and I enjoy the process. And what a beautiful montage from your friend Alyson! So many small miracles to discover every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a pleasure to see what you're doing Judy. I flip from journal to journal....it's fun to have several going. And yes....so many so miracles to discover!

      Delete
  2. Stunning Unfold montage, Alyson! I'm very taken by the spiky wispy!

    It's way fun to see samples of the living Joy Journals. Thanks for thinking to share all these wonders, MaryAnn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This may be one of me favorites of hers....spiky and wispy.

      Delete
  3. I love my Joy Journal and it was ever so much fun adding more to it when it arrived. Like your Emily, I save elements from packaging. Hmmm -- maybe a small journal dedicated to those bits and pieces? Yes . . . I think so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me happy! Yes...I think a dedicated packaging bits and pieces would be fun! Go for it!

      Delete